Tuesday, June 8, 2010

go ask alice


I bought this book yesterday and today I layed in front of the heater all day and read it from start to finish.

Quick recap;
This is not a new book. It was published in about 1971 I believe.

It's the story of an anonymous teenager who lived in the 60's and had her first experience with drugs when her drink was spiked at 15. She went on to experiment with a lot of drugs, becoming addicted, homeless, running away from home, ending up in a mental instituion, becoming clean, being framed as a dealer and a lot more.

The whole book is just a collection of journal entries, with chunks of time missing and many undated entries, but the book is great. If you haven't read it, I would suggest it. I'd like to tell you more about the book but I don't want to spoil the ending. Even though the blurb on the back of the book spoils it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to re-read all the Harry Potter books next. Should be fun. I haven't read the first book since I was like 12.

Have you read any good books lately?

4 comments:

  1. ohh i think i read this book back in high school! i didnt understand it at the time though cos i was like 13, but i guess it would make more sense to me thesedays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book...I cried so hard at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lovvvvvvvve this book i've read and re-read it too many times to mention..
    my fave books are Candy - Luke Davies (the movie is so bad in comparison) and The Lovely Bones (ditto = the movie is so so shit)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?