Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day04: Favourite book

This one is such a hard one as I am a total bookworm and I have so so many favourite books. I actually had to go sit in front of my bookshelf and try to come to a conclusion on my favourites. I decided that these are my top 3. They are all Stephen King books, because he is my favourite author.

The Shining by Stephen King
If you don't know what this is about it's basically about a man, his wife and their son who go to a hotel during the winter to do maintenance. They are isolated for months because of the heavy snow. The son has a gift and the man goes crazy. It is an absolutely fantastic read and if you have seen the Jack Nicholson movie version, the movie has NOTHING on the book. I cannot even begin to list how many things the movie left out. Stephen King himself hated the movie so much that he made a mini series of The Shining which includes a lot more of the important things but just isn't very good in my opinion.

Misery by Stephen King
This book is about an author who gets in a car crash and a crazed fan rescues him and holds him hostage at her house in a remote area. Once again, there has been a movie made based on this book which I really enjoyed. It's very rare that I like the movie after reading the book it's based on but this(and Harry Potter) is the exception.

Carrie by Stephen King
This book is about a teenage girl who is telekenetic, and very sheltered from the facts of life due to her overly religious mother. I'm sure everybody has heard the saying 'More blood than Carrie at the prom' or something along those lines, lol. The movie of this book is absolutely TERRIBLE. The book is quite short and really a good, if not disturbing read. But disturbing is something Stephen King does very well.

So these are my favourite books by my favourite author. I really do have a lot more favourites but I didn't want to make this post too long. I also apologise for my terrible skills at explaining what books are about.

I hope everyone is having a great week

xox

4 comments:

  1. i love Stephen King, i used to have like have a collection of Stephen King movies. Misery is definitely a favourite of mine too (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Carrie at one stage and I was like 'why is this so short?' especially compared to all other stephen king books lol. I love dreamcatcher, thats a good stephen king book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started reading Carrie for A level english lit, and i'm 30 pages in and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post

    carlla,
    blossomboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?