Monday, February 20, 2012

reception venues

Last weekend, Louise and I went to a bridal fair at The Manor House.

I'd always been very curious about what it looks like inside and oh dear, was I disappointed!



THERE ARE SHIELDS AND SPEARS ON THE WALL!
SERIOUSLY?!
And look at the hideous chairs for the bride and groom.


You can see the bridal table to the front of this photo and the entrance to the function room is right behind the group of people in the back right of the photo.


There is a small area in front of the already set tables, and a small area to the left for more tables and also the door to the outdoor area.

And can you see the hideous shield and two swords in the background of this photo?
Yuck!


Apologies for the blurry photo.
This is what the venue looks like as soon as you walk through the doors, the burst of light is the outdoor area and as you can see slightly to the right is the dance floor.


Now this confuses the hell out of me!
For a second, let's ignore how small the dance floor is.
THAT IS THE BAR RIGHT IN FRONT OF THOSE STRANGELY PLACED CHAIRS.
WHY IS THE BAR SO FREAKING CLOSE TO THE DANCE FLOOR?
Imagine having to fight your way through the dancing people to get a drink and then more than likely get knocked by somebody and end up wearing your drink.
Seriously.

This place was a complete DISASTER.

The decor is absolutely hideous.
I imagine a reception venue to be a sort of blank canvas so that you can decorate the way you want.
I'm leaning towards a purple theme and this room is completely red and medevil!
A purple theme in this room would clash.

And that's just the beginning.

The events coordinator gave me a booklet with prices and details.
I noticed there was a room that seated 120 guests, [the room Louise and I were standing in could fit no more than 60 at the absolute most. Even 60 people would have been squished like sardines.]

I asked the events coordinator if I could please see the room that seats 120 and her answer?
EC: 'This is the room"
Me: 'This room seats 120 people?'
EC: Well.. 100ish...'
Me: 'Uhm, alright then..'

Talk about false advertising!
And the events coordinator just would not leave us alone.

There was some crazy lady who was apparently a celebrant that kept berating me with questions.
How many times do I need to say that I am having a church wedding with a PRIEST before you get the message you crazy cat lady?!

So frustrating!

Safe to say I will never enter The Manor House again.

Do you have any reception venue horror stories to share? I'd love to hear them!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?