Just thought I'd do an update on what's been going on in the land of Paige lately.
-Today was my dads birthday. My brothers and I bought him an x box 360 and he was so stoked
- I have been working hard on getting my new tattoo together(Or my boyfriend has, he is the creative one in this relationship lol) It should be ready very soon and will hopefully be imprinted on my body forever in the next month or so
- I have some spare cash which I intend on spending tomorrow when I go shopping. Hopefully there are some good sales on!
- I bought a new book today, Don't Tell Mummy by Toni Maguire. Strangely there is no blurb on the back of the book, it just says, 'I felt secure in my mothers love. She would tell him to stop. But she didn't.' It sounds like it's going to be a bit of a heartbreaker espeically seeing as though it's a true story
- I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I am an avid gamer when it comes to Super Nintendo &Nintendo 64. I have been on the hunt for Mario Kart 64 for months and months now and I finally got it today! Got my ass handed to me by Nick but soo fun. Now all I need is Bubsy &Donkey Kong Country for my Super Nintendo and my life will be complete.
- I am obsessed with Law&Order SVU and have started watching all ten seasons again. I was on season 7 yesterday, up to one of my favourite parts on one of my favourite episodes and the motherfudger kept skipping. I took the dvd out and dicovered a big ass scratch on the disc. So depressing!
- I joined a package swap on someones blog today. I can't wait for it! I have always loved the idea of having a penpal in a different country. Who wants to be my penpal? =D
- Lately I have been revisiting my teenage years in the form of music. I have been listening to a lot of songs I used to be obsessed with when I was younger. Mainly Brand New and Bright Eyes. If you haven't heard of these bands I would suggest Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades by Brand New & Lover I Don't Have To Love by Bright Eyes. Old school but still amazing.
- My naughty kitten caught a lizard today. I don't let him get lizards, because I actually like them. Usually I'll run all over the house trying to catch him and let him go but by the time I noticed the cat had a lizard the poor thing was in shock and its tail was in 2 pieces. I felt horrible I couldn't save him ='[
- I think I'm almost out of my rut! yayyy. I have decided to take a couple of weeks to focus on myself and really think about what I want before I even start looking for a new job and it has payed off. I'm feeling so much better alredy =)
- Has anyone heard the song Tragedy by Brandi Carlile? They played it on Grey's Anatomy a million years ago and it took me that long to find the song title and artist. It's such a beautiful song. Vaguely reminds me of Imogen Heap whom I also ADORE. Grey's anatomy has the most amazing soundtrack
- I've been baking a lot lately. Mostly muffins/cupcakes/brownies. Just from packets so it doesn't really count for much but I think I'm going to start trying to make my own from scratch.
I was looking at photos from the SATC2 premiere today and I stumbled across this article...
As the stars of the film walked the red carpet for the premiere of Sex and the City 2 in New York Monday night the first review labeled the highly anticipated sequel as "anti-Muslim."
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Scott wowed fans outside Radio City Music Hall ahead of the wider release of the film in the U.S. on Thursday, but The Hollywood Reporter reviewer was not so easily impressed. While admitting the follow-up to the 2008 movie will be a "smash," the reviewer said the scenes with the foursome in Abu Dhabi were "creepy and off-putting." "(Carrie) and her friends run up against the puritanical and misogynistic culture of the Middle East," the reviewer wrote.
"The rather scathing portrayal of Muslim society no doubt will stir controversy, especially in a frothy summer entertainment, but there's something bracing about the film's saucy political incorrectness. Or is it politically correct? SATC 2 is at once proudly feminist and blatantly anti-Muslim, which means that it might confound liberal viewers. "Even in an escapist fantasy, the spectacle of women sinking into this billionaire's paradise at a time of widespread economic hardship initially seems creepy and off-putting." Officials in the United Arab Emirates would not grant permission for producers to film the motion picture in their country and neither would the city of Dubai. "Abu Dhabi was like, ‘You know, the UAE is not really ready to have four sexually liberated American girls filmed here,'" writer and director Michael Patrick King said. Instead Abu Dhabi was recreated in Morocco and Abu Dhabi is considering if it will even allow the film to be shown in cinemas there. The first film - which followed six series of the highly successful TV show - was not shown in the conservative nation.
Describing it as "tasteless humor," The Hollywood Reporter tells of a scene in the latest film where "a bunch of Muslim women who strip off their black robes to reveal the stylish Western outfits they are concealing beneath their discreet garb". Complaining the film is "at least 40 minutes too long" the review concedes that won't stop women leaving "swooning over the digs and the rags"
As I obviously haven't seen SATC2 yet I can't really make an informed opinion on the claims but I find it hard to believe that anyone involved in the movie would intentionally exploit a religion.
With the overwhelming amount of make-up out there claiming to do a number of things, I often get confused as to what is actually worth spending my money on. Today I am after reccomendations for a concealer palette because I really don't even know where to start...
As you may or may not know I am a little obsessed with Leighton Meesters style and I have found a dress that is almost identical to one she wore recently which I also happen to love. There are two different kinds and I don't know which to buy. White buttons or blue buttons? Which do you prefer?
I am in love with the power shoulder! I'm not 100% sure that it's actually called a power shoulder though? I have been on the hunt for the following kinds of clothes but I just cannot find them. I've tried ebaying it but I'm not exactly sure what to type in. Is it called power shoulder? or puff shoulder? puff sleeve? I have no idea. Is there an actual term for this look?
As you all know I got hair extensions about 2 weeks ago. The brand is called HairTalk and they told me I should only use the shampoo & conditioner specifically made for these extensions. So I went and spent $60 on the shampoo & conditioner, and I am having some major issues with these products. The shampoo is okay, although I feel like I have to use a lot. The conditioner however, is a leave in which I didn't actually realise until I read the instructions 5 mins before jumping in the shower. I absolutely LOATHE leave in conditioner to begin with but this stuff just makes my hair feel so so heavy, it makes it matt and knot constantly, and it makes my hair go so unbelievably greasy that within 24 hours it looks like I haven't washed my hair in a month, my scalp looks like I have dandruff because the leave in conditioner creates massive build up, my scalp is soo itchy ALL.THE.TIME that I can't stop scratching it!
But what I wanted to know is, do you think it really does matter if I use a regular shampoo & conditioner? The hairdressers told me explicitly not to use anything other than their own products, but I have spoken to a friend with extensions and she said she just uses whatever and it's fine.
Has anyone ever had a situation like this? I am so so tempted to use my usual salon shampoo & conditioner but I'm scared. I don't know what could possibly happen if I do, but I don't really want to somehow destroy my $500+ hair by using the wrong products.
It is highly likely that I will home all on my lonesome from Friday afternoon until Sunday night. Since I moved in with Nick, I haven't been here by myself that long and I am wondering what I should do with myself. I'm thinking a wine night with the girls one night, but what to do during the day and on the other night?
You know what really grinds my gears?
When your guy friend gets a girlfriend and the girlfriend is so fucking insecure she makes your guy friends life hell if he so much as says hello to you.
To the girlfriends I have encountered so many of;
If you are that fucking worried that your boyfriend whom I have known LONGER THAN YOU saying hello to me means that as soon as you are out sight, we will jump in bed together. GROW THE EFF UP! If you are that insecure and untrusting, you probably shouldn't be in a relationship! And how stupid do you think I am? I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years. I have not been in a relationship for that long to spite you or as a decoy because I really want your boyfriend. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE FRIENDS WITH A GUY WITHOUT WANTING TO SLEEP WITH HIM!
And to all my guy friends who do this;
How about you fucking grow a pair and not let your girlfriend control who you talk to? We both know nothing will happen. And no, I will not be there when your skank ass girlfriend bails on you for some other random dude. And no, I will not be talking to you on the sly while she is out of town or out with her friends. If our friendship meant that little to you that you will throw away years and years of a good thing for a bit pussy then you obviously aren't who I thought you were.