Friday, May 14, 2010

arbonne?

On Wednesday night I went to an Arbonne party. Now I had never heard of this brand before and I try to keep an open mind. The lady doing the party said that Arbonne has been around in the US for 30 years and in Australia for 4 years and that it is taking off here and becoming super popular.

She said that Arbonne is better than MAC, Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Napoleon Perdis and every other high end and drugstore brand. She went around the room and asked everybody what skincare and make up they used and she commented something bad on everyones except the person who threw the party because she used Arbonne.

The lady also said that all skincare products are PH Balanced, whereas Arbonne products are PH 'correct'. She went on to say how all the other cosmetic and skincare lines have hidden nasties and claim to do things they can't.

She put a bit of primer on my hand so I could test it out and it just felt like someone had poured some grease from a deep fryer on me. I asked her if it was pore minimising and she answered 'No. Nothing can minimise your pores'. Now I have been lusting after Clarins Lisse Minute primer as it's description includes pore minimising, I have read countless reviews backing up that it actually does minimise pores.

So what I really want to know is, Have you heard of Arbonne? Do you use their products? Was this woman just trying to sell things so she lied, or is there some truth to what she was saying?

I find it very hard to believe that all the top of the line ranges of cosmetics and skin care are just flat out lying and destroying our faces on purpose.

Usually when I go to these at home party things I feel obligated to buy something, even though I know I shouldn't feel that way. I really didn't want anything so I thought I'd just give their lipstick a whirl, I looked in the catalogue and they are $42! That is $7 more than a MAC lipstick(Just to give you non Australians a rough idea of why I was outraged at the price). The cheapest thing I could find was a single eyeshadow for $26. I bought it in snow aka white.

Also, at these parties usually the woman who sells the stuff orders it in and gives you a date to pay by(generally within 1-3 weeks). This woman wanted my money right then and there! I had no cash on me, only my bank card so I had to go pay her the next day. I hate how I turn in to such a doormat in these kinds of situations.

Please, please, please give me your opinions on Arbonne? It has really got me confused and a little bit angry that the people representing this company can't just sell their product, they feel the need to try and shame the already well established, well respected companies.

x paige

5 comments:

  1. I've never been to an Arbonne party but I was sent one of their lipsticks to review and I really like it, before then I'd never heard of the brand. It's the only product of theirs I've ever tried though so I wouldn't like to comment on the brand as a whole based on one lippy! I'd be interested to hear what you think of the eyeshadow!

    May
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to try their lipstick but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much money for something I'd never heard of and couldn't even swatch first.

    When the eyeshadow arrives, I will do a review. Should be here next week sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Arbonne over in the states, like she said. But wow, she lied. Yes, Arbonne is good, but not the best. Honestly, I don't think anyone can say they are the best because people's skin and such are just SO different. Anyway, she was lying. She's totally just selling. You don't have to tell everyone else they suck just to show that you're good. She wasn't honest. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard.

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I ran across your blog through my google alert. I am an Arbonne Consultant in the US so I may be a little biased. I personally don't think it is right to put down other products in order to make us look good. I do 100% believe in our products and think they are great. I think the difference with our products is that they are botanically based and 100% vegan (which is very important to me). There have been reviews quoting the anti-aging line (RE9 advanced) as one of the best around. I do think that if you try the products you will like them. And if you don't like them, we have a 45 day money back guarantee.

    I really do hope you can put this negative experience behind you and give Arbonne a second chance. If there is anything I can do to help you understand the products better or to assist you in anyway, please let me know. E-mail is taylor_harper@hotmail.com

    Take Care,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?